Master the skills needed to score well on the LSAT. Our intensive LSAT prep program includes 30 hours of classroom instruction from experienced test prep teaching professionals. The easy-to-follow program uses proven techniques to simplify the LSAT and questions and materials from actual LSAT tests, so that you know your preparation is as close to the real thing as possible. LSAT textbooks, study guides, diagnostic tests and expert instruction are all included.
Logical Reasoning topics include:
Analytical Reasoning topics include:
- Easy-to-apply strategies for solving each type of Logical Reasoning question appearing on the test
- Logical concepts, including inferences involving conditional statements and the key tool of counterexamples
- An overview of the most common fallacies found in Logical Reasoning Flaw questions
Reading Comprehension topics include:
- A taxonomy of Analytical Reasoning game types and tips for setting up each type of game found on the LSAT
- Tips for quickly representing the game’s rules in shorthand, and for combining these rules into powerful “super rules”
- Tips for using answers to previous questions to quickly eliminate incorrect answer choices on subsequent questions
- A full description of Reading Comprehension passage types
- A step-by-step approach to questions that concern the passage as a whole
- Identifying key words in the question that indicate how to use the passage to find the correct answer
- Recognizing the correct answer after narrowing the choices down to two
LSAT Course Plan
- Session 1: Introduction to the LSAT, Principles of Argumentation, Find Conclusion items, Analytical Reasoning overview, Ordering games
- Session 2: Ordering games, Statement Role items, Argument Evaluation, Explain/Resolve items
- Session 3: Ordering games, Grouping games, Weakener/Strengthener items
- Session 4: Grouping games, Flaw items
- Session 5: Grouping games, Assumption items, Analyzing Reading passages, Global Reading Comp items
- Session 6: Grouping games, Formal Logic Items, Local Reading Comp items
- Session 7: Grouping games, Inference items, Reading Comp review
- Session 8: Combination games, Matching Structure/Flaw items
- Session 9: Combination games, Strategy/Point at issue items, Reading Comp review
- Session 10: Analytical Reasoning review, Principle items, Reading Comp review
|Dates:||May 13 - June 5, 2014
Check for other dates |
|Meets:||Su, Tu, Th from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM; SKIP 5/25, 10 Sessions |
Course materials are included. They will be distributed at the first class.
LSAT test dates: http://www.lsat.com
Retake fee is 20% off regular course price. Must be taken within one year of completing the SMU Test Prep course. Priority enrollment is given to first time registrants. Retake option is available for online course only.
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Return to Course Listing