This is currently the only course in the group you selected: All Courses at Main Campus, Dallas
For anyone who has had to take time out of the workforce either to care for family, because of an illness or injury or any other reason, the prospect of re-entering the workforce after time away can be both exciting and daunting. This course has been developed to give you a step by step approach on how best to find a job after significant time out of the workforce that meets both your professional and personal goals.
* Determining your current values, interests, and skills to narrow down the roles that are appropriate for you and setting realistic expectations for the immediate and more distant future.
* Develop an action plan for reentering the workforce in a job that meets both your professional and personal needs
* Becoming reacquainted with your field and/or industry and reacquiring and updating the knowledge and skills you will need when you reenter the professional world
* Strategically organize your resume in a way that highlights your strengths and skills and minimizes large gaps in professional employment.
* Using key words and phrases in your resume and cover letter that will get you noticed
* Learn the best places to post your resume and look for jobs for your given profession
* How to best explain large gaps in employment history both on your resume and in an interview
* Practice your interviewing techniques in a low risk environment. Tips and techniques for phone interviews, face to face interviews and being interviewed by a panel.
* Networking: identifying the relevant groups and associations to become involved in and tips for how to best leverage those groups for your job search
* How to get the most out of LinkedIn beyond just posting your resume
* Salary negotiations: what to do and what not to do when you have been out of the workforce for some time.
|Dates:||November 2-16, 2016 Check for other dates|
|Meets:||Wednesday from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM, 3 Sessions|
Sorry, this course has been cancelled. Please contact our office to see if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.